- 1 cup (225g) butter
- 3 cups Icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla extract
- Beat butter using a mixer until it’s soft and creamy, about a minute.
- Sift Icing sugar twice and add to the butter.
- Mix at very low speed, gradually increasing the speed to medium. Beat for about 2 minutes, until its well mixed and creamy.
- Add in Vanilla extract, or any other extract/flavouring of your choice. At this point, you may also add in a few drops of colouring to tint the buttercream. Beat for a few seconds.
- Your frosting is ready for use
WHIPPED CREAM FROSTING
- 2 Cups whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons Icing sugar
- Whip cream using electric beaters till it reaches soft peaks. Add in icing sugar and continue whipping till its firm (i.e. firm peaks form when you lift beaters).
- Cream is ready for frosting.
* Please note that whipped cream does not hold well in warm temperatures, so its best refrigerated the soonest possible.